Community Bank & Trust is committed to preventing fraud and identity theft. To further protect your information from unauthorized view, we have implemented Secure Email, a security feature that encrypts emails containing sensitive information such as social security numbers, date of birth, and account numbers.
Secure Email applies only to emails exchanged between you and Community Bank & Trust. At this time, Community Bank & Trust may only initiate emails.
How Does Secure Email Work?
- When Community Bank & Trust sends you an encrypted email message, you will receive an email notification that informs you that you have a message being held at our secure email message center.
- Within the email notification, there will be a link to connect you to our secure email message center. Once connected, you will be prompted to create your Secure Email account.
- Follow the instructions for first-time users. Enter your email address for the User Name and create a Password that you will use each time you log in to Secure Email.
- Once you have successfully logged in to your account, you are able to read your secure email, save it to your computer, or send a secure reply message back to Community Bank & Trust.
For questions or more information regarding Secure Email, contact an Account Executive at 319.291.2000
Useful Fraud Prevention Information:
- Protect Your ID
- If You Fall Victim
- Important Links
- Secure Email Message Center
- Lost or Stolen Credit/Debit Cards
- Identity Theft 911 Program